31 July 2023 by Emily Shakespeare
The Landscape Research Group (LRG) is an international, independent and not-for-profit organisation that promotes landscape research for the public benefit. We exist to ensure that landscape research thrives and contributes fully to the attainment of justice and sustainability in the world.
The Landscape Research Group is governed by a board of trustees and we are seeking new trustees for the next board elections, which will take place at our online AGM on Friday 8th September 2023 at 13.00 BST.
LRG is seeking committed trustees who are motivated by our goals of ensuring that landscape research thrives and contributes in the fullest possible way towards a fairer, ethical and more sustainable future.
What’s the opportunity?
The trustees are crucial to LRG’s work. They ensure that the charity is well run, and they decide how the charity should go about meeting its aims, which are to advance landscape research and support an active community of interest. They set priorities for LRG’s activities and for the use of LRG’s funds. Individual trustees also often lead and get actively involved in particular aspects of LRG’s work that suit their interests and skills, such as our journal and digital publications, our events, our research grant scheme and our support for networks of LRG members.
Being a trustee provides an opportunity to input in and shape LRG’s work, as well as making links with others in LRG’s community. It’s an opportunity for personal and career development as well as contributing skills and interests to LRG as a global charity.
Trustees meet twice a year, usually online, though some are in-person, most often in the UK, though meetings may be held in other countries too. The role is voluntary but trustees are reimbursed for any reasonable expenses for attending board meetings or carrying out other duties in their trustee role.
Who are we looking for?
Any member of LRG, in any country, can put themselves forward as a candidate for election to the board. A good level of written and spoken English is required. If you’re not currently a member and wish to put yourself forward, you can join here.
LRG has the objective of ensuring that its board is appropriately diverse, and therefore particularly welcome applications from:
- Researchers and practitioners working in the public, private and third sectors
- People from or based in countries outside the European Union
- Women and people who identify as non-binary
- Students and early career people
If you can contribute your skills and interest in any of the areas outlined below, and are interested in the opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Income generation and diversification, ensuring the sound management of finances
- Membership development and engagement
- Governance of charities or other public benefit organisations;
- Research Funding
- Communications including social media
How to put yourself forward
Please click here for full details of the roles (PDF, 234KB).
Click here to download the nomination form (Word, 232KB). Please return as a Word document, no later than midnight BST on 29 August 2022.
The process and timetable for nominations is:
- 31 July: Submission of nomination opens. You can nominate yourself by filling out and submitting the nomination form available above
- 29 August: Nominations close
- 31 August: Candidate information made available to all LRG members and online voting opens
- 6 September: Online voting closes
- 8 September: Annual General Meeting
Get in touch
If you wish to discuss standing for election to the LRG board, please contact the Chair of the Board, Tim Waterman at firstname.lastname@example.org